We sold this real estate in February 2017. The buyer has defaulted and forfeited their deposit, and this equates to another opportunity for you to purchase this potental filled property at the PRICE YOU BID!!
The membership of Salem Baptist Church are close to finishing a sparkling new facility, and have entrusted us to market and sell their current location at public auction. This rock solid building on 9.2 +/- acres is well located between Broad Street Rd. and Patterson Ave. in one of the most desirable counties in the Commonwealth. An amazing investment opportunity awaits the new owner!!!
- 18,734 +/- SF brick building with finished basement on 9.2 +/- acres
- 240 seat auditorium/sanctuary; finished basement w/commercial kitchen; dining hall/multipurpose room; numerous class room/offices
- 5 bathrooms
- 1959 portion of the building is heated & cooled by one HVAC unit-- oil furnace (replaced in 2011); 1969 portion of building heated & cooled by 4 heat pumps and strip heat (Entire HVAC systems are regularly maintained)
- Roof replaced in 2004 and slate roof is original to the auditorium/sanctuary
- Well and mass drain field w/water treatment system designed and maintained by Coastal Plains
- There is a small cemetery located at the rear of the property. The new owners will grant lifetime rights to families of the deceased and church members
- Potential uses of this valuable property w/special exception include: Bed & Breakfast/Country Inn; Professional Offices; Child Care Centers; Homes for the Aged; Nursing Home & Assisted Living Facility; Schools; Animal Hospital & Animal Boarding; Greenhouses/Nurseries; Athletic Fields; Kennel (commercial) and Much More!! For a complete listing of potential uses, please click HERE
- Not to exceed 4 months after closing, Salem Baptist Church reserves the right to lease back from the new owners at the rate of $500 per week (during this time, the Church will be moving furniture into their new facility and using the exisitng facility for worship services).
- Tax Maps: 44-1-69 & 44-1-70; Zoned: A2; Building constructed in 1959 w/an addition in 1969
- Only $100,000 Suggested Starting Bid!!
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the Realtor to be compensated, broker forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 9/28/17, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tour: Friday, September 22 @ 11am SHARP. Please contact Kelly Strauss for more information or a private preview of the property (540-226-1279).
TERMS: $20,000 deposit is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30-45 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Kelly Strauss 540-226-1279 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Deposit must be in the form of a cashier's check/certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself. A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 9/28/17) broker participation is welcome and well compensated. Not to exceed 4 months after closing, Salem Baptist Church reserves the right to lease back from the new owners at the rate of $500 per week (during this time, the Church will be moving furniture into their new facility and using the exisitng facility for worship services). Due to buyer default at the previous auction, Salem Baptist Church reserves the right to deny bidder registration and participation in the auction event to any party which it deems to be un-credit worthy. Auctioneer's Note: All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.