The owners are downsizing, and we have been contracted to market and sell this completely renovated 4 BR/2.5 BA home located in the historic district of Kenbridge, VA, at ONLINE ONLY AUCTION. This amazing home is ready for you to simply move in and make memories, so get on your smart phone, laptop, desk top or tablet and Bid Your Price!!
This Property Will be Offered via ONLINE ONLY AUCTION. Please bid early and often and understand that bidding begins to close on Tuesday, June 26 @ 2:00pm Eastern.
CLICK HERE for Property Information Packet
- Completely restored and renovated (both interior & exterior) 4 BR/2.5 BA 2,271 +/- sf. 2 story American 4 Square home
- All of the infrastructure is brand new and meet all building codes
- 2 zone heat pump; public utilities; gas fireplace
- Tax Map: 33A7-08-1B-1; Deed Book: 381/995; Zoning: R1; home was originally built in 1920, but totally renovated and restored, and has vinyl sided exterior
- Eat-in kitchen w/new stainless steel appliances, accessorized cabinetry, granite counters, glass tile back splash, under-cabinet lighting & ceiling fan
- Formal living room w/masonry fireplace, restored original mantelpiece & ceiling fan
- Formal dining room w/chandelier and custom built-in china cabinet
- Master bedroom w/ceiling fan, bath ensuite featuring large cultured marble shower, double sink vanity top, ceramic tile flooring & wheelchair accessibility
- 14x10 screened porch off living room; large rear deck w/railings
- Laundry room; mud room; large utility room; 1/2 bath
- 3 bedrooms w/enlarged and lighted closets; ceiling fans
- Full bath w/refinished original claw-foot tub, new cabinets, fixtures and lighting; new cultured marble shower; new cultured marble double-sink vanity
- Hall opens to foyer below
- Additional large storage closet in hall
- Attic storage and access
Scope of Renovations
- Demolition: removal of damaged plaster walls & ceilings; removal of all existing HVAC, electrical and plumbing components; removal of damaged/inadequate 1st floor joists and flooring.
- Construction: Installed new pier footings and beams; replaced floor joists; installed 3/4" T&G plywood subfloor; installed additional ceiling beams to adequately support 2nd floor
- Rough-In: Installed new plumbing piping throughout; installed new electrical wiring and new 20 amp service; installed new heat pumps (2 zones) w/Seer 13 or better efficiency
- Exterior Repairs & Improvements: replaced all windows w/new thermal pane windows (in the historic fenestration style); replaced entry door w/quality fiberglass door and designer bevel glass insert; repaired, replaced and painted all metal roofing; installed new vinyl lap siding & trim over insulation board; new shutters; repaired brick foundation, steps & porches
- Other: Installed new insulation per code throughout; installed 1/2" drywall throughout; refurbish & re-install original wood trim and doors throughout; installed new vanities, cabinets & counters throughout; 3 coats of interior paint throughout; installed new plumbing and electrical fixtures; installed new 3/4" oak flooring, ceramic tile and Stainmaster carpet; oiled bronze transom & door hardware
- Kitchen & Laundry Room: new stainless steel appliance package featuring refrigerator/freezer w/ice maker, electric range w/microwave above and vented fan to exterior, stainless steel double sink w/garbage disposal, dishwasher, washing machine & dryer in separate space
Only $75,000 Starting Bid!!
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the real estate agent to be compensated, Realtor Representation forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm Eastern on 6/25/18, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tour: Saturday, June 23 from 12pm-1pm. Please contact Sid Smyth for more information or a private preview (434-955-0708).
TERMS: Thank you for your interest in this property. Contact Sid Smyth if you need additional information (434-955-0708).
This online auction is a cash sale not contingent on or subject to financing, appraisal, survey, study period or inspections of any kind, as agreed to by bidders at registration prior to bidding, and specified in the Offer to Purchase and Contract. Property is sold in as-is condition with no warranties or guarantees of any kind.
Per the contract, “TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE,” and you should proceed to closing immediately. You must close the transaction on or before 30 days from close of online auction and seller confirmation.
If your closing is delayed for any reason, by you, as purchaser, or other parties working on your behalf, including any lender you involve – you may be declared in breach of the contract, forfeit all deposits made, and could be additionally liable for any and all court costs, any price difference in a subsequent resale of the property, and all future auction costs incurred by the seller and Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc.
Bid with confidence, but please do not delay your closing!
Terms & Conditions
Contract for Sale of Real Property: This property is offered under the specific terms provided in the contract. The Contract for Sale of Real Property is available at www.nichollsauction.com in the property information packet package located from within the “DOCUMENTS” section. Please read and review the contract thoroughly prior to bidding on any property. If you have not read and reviewed the Contract for Sale of Real Property, Do Not Bid!
Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. has the sole authority to resolve any bidding disputes as they may arise.
Bidder Verification: The identity of all bidders will be verified, bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. will reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated.
Online Terms: At the close of the auction, and seller confirmation, the successful bidder will be emailed the contract package to execute and return to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. The successful bidder will deposit $10,000 in the form of cashier’s check (United States Bank) or wire transfer to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing. Purchaser shall be responsible for all wire transfer fees.
Buyer’s Premium: A 10% buyer’s premium will be added to the final bid price to determine the total contract price. 10% Buyer’s Premium Example: Bid Price: $100,000 Plus 10% Buyer’s Premium: $10,000 Total Contract Price: $110,000
Contracts: Contract Packages will be sent by e-mail to the high bidder, who must execute and email, fax or overnight mail back to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc., within 24 hours of receipt. If the successful bidder does not execute and return their contract with earnest money deposit within 24 hours of receipt they will be considered in default and subject to legal action. This is a legal binding contract.
Auction Administrative Fee: In the event a winning bidder fails to submit the signed ’Contract for Sale of Real Property’ and deposit earnest money as provided in the pre-stipulated Auction Terms, the winning bidder will be charged an administrative fee of $10,000.00 on the credit card provided at auction registration. Additional default remedies are reserved by Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc., and the Seller as provided in the Auction Terms & Conditions and the ‘Contract of Purchase'. All administrative fees are non refundable.
Closing: Time being of the essence, these sales shall be closed on or before 30 days from close and confirmation of online auction. The purchaser will pay for all closing costs associated with the transaction.
Agency Disclosure: In all transactions, the auctioneer is acting as agent for the seller, not as buyer’s agent. Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids and or bidding rights and privileges of any party, deemed not to be in the best interest of the seller, at any time. At auctions with reserve, the seller and/or auctioneer reserves the right to bid.
Disclaimer: All information contained herein is believed to be correct to the best of the auctioneer’s knowledge. The information is being furnished to bidders for the bidder’s convenience and it is the responsibility of the bidder to determine that information contained herein is accurate and complete.
Any reliance on the contents shall be solely at the recipient’s risk. Bidders must conduct and rely solely upon their own investigations and inspections. The property is being sold ’AS IS’ with any and all faults. Please review all information supplied, and seek appropriate assistance prior to bidding.
Realtor Representation: Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm (Eastern) 6/25/18) realtor representation is compensated. Real estate agent must fill out and submit realtor representation form by time stated above and adhere to all rules in order to be compensated.
Technical Issues: Neither the company providing the software nor the auction company shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason. The online bidding will begin to close on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 @ 2:00pm (Eastern Time). If there is bidding in the last few minutes before the auction closes, extended bidding will commence. If there are no bids within 2-3 minutes, the auction will end. This procedure prohibits any last second 'sniping' from taking place. In the unfortunate event of a DDOS attack or server attack/shut down, the auction company reserves the right, but is not required, to change the bid closing deadline. Please contact Tim Peters/Bid Wrangler @ 844-296-8727 if you need assistance with the online bidding platform.