Having purchased a smaller farm located in the warmer South Carolina climate, our seller has contracted us to market and sell this unique and outstanding Culpeper County real estate offering. Parcels 1 & 2 will be offered together, and you will have the opportunity to bid on an adjacent 41.01 +/- acre parcel as well. This property is full of potential and lends itself to home based businesses, bed & breakfast, future development and so much more!! Don't miss out of the opportunity to Bid and Buy Your Dream!!
- Well built 3 BR/3 BA home w/finished walk-out basement on 5.87 +/- acres (2,652 +/- finished sf.)
- 2 kitchens (one on main level & one in basement) w/all appliances conveying; 2 living rooms/family rooms (one on main level & one in basement); dining room; finished basement (1,200 +/- sf.) is ideal for multi generational living and features interior and two exterior entrances/exits
- Hardwood flooring on main level; vinyl flooring in loft, bathrooms, mud room/laundry room; carpet in bedrooms & basement
- Front porch; rear patio at main level; patio & small fenced dog yard/pen at basement level
- Central AC (new in Sept. 2018) & gas furnace; gas stove in living room on main level
- Drilled well (serves all dwellings on Parcels 1 & 2); conventional gravity septic system; electric water heater (80 gallon)
- 1 paddock w/board fencing
- Electricity: Rappahannock Electric; Propane: Quarles (500 gallon underground tank owned by Quarles); Internet providers: Hughes Net, Virginia Broad Band, ATT-hot spot
- Tax Map: 36-1D; Deed Book: 7/27; Zoning: A1; Annual county real estate taxes: $1,510.18 (land use); home was built in 2000 and is cedar sided
- 2 historic log cabins joined by a breezeway/porch forming a duplex on 25.13 +/- acres. According to the owner, these historic cabins were once used as a Civil War hospital with many relics uncovered on the property. In addition, both log cabins have original fireplaces and mantles constructed of stone and wood from the farm.
- Duplex Unit 1
- Unit 1 of duplex is 1,500 +/- sf., all log bodied and features one living living w/one bedroom w/cedar lined walk-in closet, one full bathroom, kitchen w/island and butcher block countertops (stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher & washer/dryer convey), sunroom/dining area w/large windows, living room w/fireplace (gas logs), attic & storage area.
- Unit 1 of duplex has heart of pine flooring in the kitchen and tongue & groove flooring throughout the remainder of the home
- Unit 1 has covered front porch and seamed tin roof
- Unit 1 has central AC & gas furnace (replaced in 2016); electric water heater
- Unit 1 is currently rented for $1,500 per month
- Duplex Unit 2
- Unit 2 of the duplex is 1,450 +/- sf. and features 2 levels w/the following on the main level: living room w/fireplace/wood stove, full bathroom, kitchen w/bar & granite countertops (stove, microwave, dishwasher & refrigerator convey), office, mudroom/laundry room. 2nd level features bedroom w/fireplace.
- Unit 2 has covered front porch and seamed tin roof
- Unit 2 has portable generator hook up
- Unit 2 has gas furnace, window units for AC (but outfitted for central AC) & electric water heater
- 1,000 gallon underground propane tank (Quarles) services both Units 1 & 2
- 12 stall horse barn (approx. 36' x 100') w/2 tack rooms, wash stall w/hot & cold water, feed room, hay loft w/lights, drop down door and sliding doors on each end, rubber floor mats (electric heat in tack room & feed room), washer/dryer convey,
- 7 fenced paddock areas w/3 automatic waterers and electric plugs at most hydrants
- 110' x 220' riding ring w/rubber and rock dust footing
- 2 run-in sheds
- Shop building (approx. 24' x 60')
- Chicken house w/3 pens
- Small tool shed
- 20' x 40' in ground pool featuring 3' shallow end and 9' deep end. Pool liner and cover new in 2015. Pump house.
- Picnic area w/table & fire pit
- Tax Map: 36-1; Deed Book: 2/791; Zoning: A1; Annual County real estate taxes: $1,631 (land use)
- Only $300,000 Starting Bid for Parcels 1 & 2!!
Need Financing for this home?? Please contact Tony Wilson for financing information (540-748-1359)
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete the Realtor Representation form. In order for the real estate agent to be compensated, forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 3/7/19, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tour: Sunday, February 24 @ 1:00pm SHARP. Please contact Tony Wilson for more information (540-748-1359).
TERMS: $25,000 deposit for Parcels 1 & 2 and $10,000 deposit for Parcel 3 ($35,000 if you purchase all 3 parcels as a whole)is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30-45 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Tony Wilson 540-748-1359 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Deposit must be in the form of a cashier's check or certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself. A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 3/7/19) broker participation is compensated. Auctioneer's Note: All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.
We are happy to offer online/simulcast bidding for bidders who cannot physically attend the live auction event. Please understand and agree that online bidding will only be allowed if the buyer is physically NOT on site at the live auction. Online bidding will NOT be allowed if you are physically in attendance at the live auction event.