No longer needing this home in their real estate portfolio, our seller has contracted us to market and sell this potential filled water front property at public auction. This home, in need of TLC/renovation, is located on a large lot with a million dollar lake front view. A wonderful primary residence or your waterfront retreat awaits at the PRICE YOU BID!!
- 3 BR/4 BA 3,000 +/- sf. brick home on 3.21 +/- acres with 605' +/- of frontage on Buggs Island Lake (aka Kerr Lake)
- Kitchen (all appliances convey); living room; full finished walk-out basement; rear deck w/amazing view; attached 2 car garage
- Plenty of natural light; stone fireplaces upstairs & downstairs (the fireplace off of the kitchen can be used for cooking)
- 864' +/- sf outbuilding w/garage doors on each end, cement floor and tin roof; 2 other shelters
- Stone walking path down to the water; small beach area; boulders large enough to fish or sunbathe from
- Well and conventional septic system
- Central AC & electric forced air heat
- Kerr Lake (officially John H. Kerr Reservoir, also known as Bugg's Island Lake) is a reservoir along the border of North Carolina and Virginia. It is impounded by the John H. Kerr Dam, constructed between 1947 and 1952 to produce electricity and to provide flood control. Kerr Lake is owned by the US Army Corps of Engineers, and is the largest reservoir in Virginia. It is located in parts of Vance, Granville, and Warren counties in North Carolina, and Mecklenburg, Charlotte, and Halifax counties in Virginia. At its maximum capacity, it is one of the largest reservoirs in the Southeastern United States, covering approximately 50,000 acres and bordered by over 850 miles of shoreline.
- Tax Maps: 125-4-2 & 3 (APN: 10144); Deed Book: 154/248; Zoned: R2; Mecklenburg County
- Only $100,000 Suggested Starting Bid!!
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the Realtor to be compensated, broker forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 6/20/17, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tours: Saturdays May 27: 12pm-1pm and June 10: 12pm-1pm. Please contact Sid Smyth for more information (434-955-0708).