Transitioning to a more manageable living environment with family, our seller has entrusted us to market and sell this gorgeous Shenandoah Valley property. Bear Wallow Farm/David Fultz House (circa 1845) offers an immaculately restored historic home, 35 +/- acres, barn, pastures, fencing and much more!! Whether you desire a farm, a family compound or residential investment potential, this scenic potential filled property awaits You as the New Owner!!
- 4 BR/2.5 BA restored historic and well maintained brick home (3,594 +/- finished sf. & 1,797 +/- unfinished sf.) on 35.17 +/- acres
- Eat-in kitchen w/custom cabinetry & millwork (all appliances and washer/dryer convey); living room; dining room; attic w/stairway; unfinished basement; front porch w/upper level porch & patio; attached 3 car garage w/new garage door openers
- 1.25" Heart of Pine flooring; vinyl flooring in bathrooms
- 8 fireplaces (not in use): gas logs in 2 fireplaces (propane tank has been removed); all brick work and chimneys were gone over and brought up to date during the restoration, but it is recommended these fireplaces be inspected prior to use.
- Heating: Oil fired boiler (hot water) w/radiant heat (8 zones), underground 550 gallon oil tank (Augusta Petroleum). Cooling: window units
- City of Staunton pubic water; Gravity septic system (all plumbing was replaced from the home to the tank, and tank has been pumped every 3 years); There is a cistern on the property (approx. 12' deep & 10' in diameter) that was the original water supply to the home
- Hot water: fired by boiler; Electricity: Dominion Power (400 amp service)
- Roofing is 40 year asphalt shingles (installed in 1991); Asphalt millings driveway (2017)
- Barn (approx. 20' x 50'); Fencing: some perimeter fencing, cross fenced for livestock, large chain link fenced area w/pens for dogs or smaller animals
- Farm yield for hay: 110 round bales per year (average 700#-900#); fertilizer applied every 2 years; land has been very well maintained
- Swimming Pool: New liner in 1992 & not currently being used
- With city water on site, this property is full of potential, and is located only 3 miles from I-81
- Tax Map: 10472; Deed Book: 318/754; Zoning: R1 (property is in the Clean+Green category; in AG-Forestal use for tax purposes). Please CLICK HERE for zoning uses; Annual county real estate taxes: $4,182.25; Original home built in 1845 w/restoration completed in 1992 by Todd Bros.
- Only $300,000 Starting Bid!!
Need Financing for this home?? Please contact Tony Wilson for financing information (540-748-1359)
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete the Realtor Representation form. In order for the real estate agent to be compensated, forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 3/12/19, and all terms adhered to.
Property Tour: Wednesday, March 6 @ 11am SHARP. Please contact Tony Wilson for more information (540-748-1359).
TERMS: $25,000 deposit is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30-45 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Tony Wilson 540-748-1359 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Deposit must be in the form of a cashier's check or certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself. A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 3/12/19) broker participation is compensated. Auctioneer's Note: All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.
We are happy to offer online/simulcast bidding for bidders who cannot physically attend the live auction event. Please understand and agree that online bidding will only be allowed if the buyer is physically NOT on site at the live auction. Online bidding will NOT be allowed if you are physically in attendance at the live auction event.